Monday, October 30, 2006




A couple of years ago, when I used to live in San Francisco and commute to work in Oakland, I would alleviate commuter boredom by sketching my fellow train passengers on the 15-minute ride between downtown San Francisco and downtown Oakland and back.

Now that I work and live in Oakland, and commute less than 5 days a week to my art studio in San Francisco, I have lost the regular habit of sketching my train neighbors, preferring instead to zone out to the mild rocking motion and the not-so-mild noises of the BART train.

However, I recently re-discovered the joys of stealthfully using other BART riders as my portrait sketch models. Behold! And now, I vow to post a new sketch on this blog every day, or at least as often as possible... we'll see how this goes. Since I'm currently a bit short on material, I will dig the depths of my stash from my last bout of BART sketching until I'm up to speed on my drawing, and on my commuting.

Stay tuned... if you're a regular BART commuter, maybe you'll recognize yourself...
-Diane

No comments: